Trip to Halifax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themagni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I may be traveling to Halifax for work in the next week or so, and staying until mid-December. With no wife or kids in tow, I'll have all the time I could hope for to get in a bunch of dives. Almost all my dives are cold water shore dives. I have never traveled with any dive gear.

1. Is there a shop with drop-in dives that you'd recommend?

2. Any "must-see" dives in Halifax?

3. What gear should I bring with me as opposed to renting? Obviously, I'd leave weights and tanks at home. What else is worth renting instead of packing? I happen to like my setup, but I'm not sure if the drysuit (3mm neo) will be sufficient (works great here).

4. Have you fixed the "log" problem in the harbour? :wink:

Thanks,

tM

I'm presently doing the DM course with basically the only LDS in the area- Torpedo Rays Scuba Adventures. It is a PADI "5 star" shop with the main store on Windmill Road in Dartmouth. (902)-481-0444. torpedorays.com trays@torpedorays.com The owner is Jason Weickert. Anyone in Retail can give you all the info. re equipment/sites, etc. You can book a charter to the wrecks (50-150 feet-most about 80-90). The shore diving is basically all over St.Margarets Bay just S. of Hfx. and an hour or less from the shop. The best site I've dived is birchy head- you can get 90 feet and there is a nice "edge of seaweed/kelp" to follow. Water temp.last week was 46F (8-9 C). good luck.

Don't think Tm is biased because they are taking their DM with Torpedo Rays...., even if they weren't the only game in town, Torpedo Rays would be the guys I'd point you to. Good shop, good people to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom