Cocos liveboard at Christmas?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

angycoleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of going on a cocos liveboard at christmas or new year. Whats everybodys thoughts? Is this the right time to go? Where else should I try thats hot so I dont have to put on a full wet suit. I am a single traveller and so I want to stick to a liveabord.. I think they are the best way to dive anyway!! :)

Thanks!!

you'll probably need a full wet suit if you go to cocos no matter when you go. I'd wear one no matter how warm the water just to protect myself from all the rocks that you bump into.

on the other hand, cocos is an awesome place to dive (especially if you like big stuff) and i can't think of a place i'd rather go.

Christmas at Cocos is the start of their summer so the trips are generally calmer and sunnier. However, you tend to have less sharks during this time. But there is always good stuff to see at Cocos. And definitely as Matt said, you will always need a wetsuit at Cocos. I know the Undersea Hunter boats have some space available as they have an announcement on their website Scuba Diving Cocos Island Malpelo Liveaboard Cruises Costa Rica.

Back
Top Bottom