What are the best 10 day charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

comayjo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm planning a trip in July (of 2010) and wondering which operators people consider the best for a trip of 9 to 11 days?

I've done lots of Agressor boats, but am interested in a longer trip... any destinations are up for consideration.

Thanks in advance and all suggestions are appreciated.

jc

I think you can talk to Faisal about trips of any length on the MV Tala in the Red Sea. We just came home from a week on the boat, and I would love to go back. Those folks know how to make sure their guests have the maximum amount of fun possible!

I'm planning a trip in July (of 2010) and wondering which operators people consider the best for a trip of 9 to 11 days?

I've done lots of Agressor boats, but am interested in a longer trip... any destinations are up for consideration.

Thanks in advance and all suggestions are appreciated.

jc

I stumbled across this trip to Bassas da India the other day, and it fits your time frames perfectly. From what I have heard, its pretty astonishing.

I used that operator to go on holiday to Mozambique before, so I can recommend their services.

Cocos is a great destination for a longer liveaboard. It's such a long boat ride to get there and back, you practically need more than a week to get any dives in.

Any trip in Indonesia is the way to go for me. Indonesia has it all: very prolific life, long trips to many islands but you dive it all not just travel and you are well taken care of, and the people and land critters are just as cool.

I guarantee these trips will knock your socks off. I've done 11 days in Komodo and just got back from 11 days in Raja Ampat. Singapore Air was $750 SFO to Jakarta.

Hello to everybody!
Why don't consider Arenui Liveaboard for your next cruise?
We spent two and half years to reach the best results in terms of construction, design, soft decoration and crew recruitment.
You can finally enjoy Raja Ampat, Komodo, Triton Bay, Maluku (Ambon Bay, Nusa Laut and Banda islands) and Flores sailing with the most luxury diving liveaboard!
We hope you can appreciate our effort ..... :blinking:
Arenui Team

Attachments

• ARENUI0052_2.jpg
    ARENUI0052_2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 55
  • arenui_005web.jpg
    arenui_005web.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 35
  • ARENUI5106.jpg
    ARENUI5106.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 35
Any trip in Indonesia is the way to go for me. Indonesia has it all: very prolific life, long trips to many islands but you dive it all not just travel and you are well taken care of, and the people and land critters are just as cool.

I guarantee these trips will knock your socks off. I've done 11 days in Komodo and just got back from 11 days in Raja Ampat. Singapore Air was $750 SFO to Jakarta.

$750 from SFO to Jakarta????!!!!???? That definitely bares some attention!

I'm doing the Peter Hughes Star Dancer in Papua New Guinea. Peter Hughes vessels do lots of 9, 10, and 11 day charters. The PNG trip I'm doing is 10 nights, and I cannot wait. But I must say (and this is a sad reality), Honolulu to Papua New Guinea cost me $2400 for airfare......ya!....I know, ouch! And that's the cheapest I could find! If I'd flown from SFO it might have been a tad bit cheaper but not really. But if you can swing it, I'm told PNG is a top favorite for many people who've done liveaboards all over the world! I'm sure come April I'll be in 100% aggreement!

Also, I've heard great things about Raja Ampat and North Sulawesi on the Peter Hughes Paradise Dancer. The Wind Dancer Cocos Island itinerary will be 10 nights I'm pretty sure. And their Komodo Dancer charters to either Komodo National Park or the Alor Islands are also 10 nighters. Hope this helps!

Eric

I did the Nai'a in Fiji and it was fantastic. They offer 7 & 10 day trips and the airfare is $829 round trip from LAX.

Same price to Bali ewaiea. However, if you do Raja Ampat, you add another $700 for the local airfare out to Sorong. You can get 10,000 miles out of $750, but then another 1500 miles costs the same. Worth every cent though.

Our trip to Komodo, where you only fly to Bali, was great as well and very cost effective: $750 to fly there, and $3100 for 11 nights on the boat. That trip was just as fantastic for us.

I couldn't find much cheaper to get to PNG from SFO when I was considering PNG, and usually it was go down to LAX to catch Air Pacific, then Air Nuigini from Nadi on to PNG. Still $2500. And then you have to add any hotel for waiting to catch the flight out of PNG. Not much but you start adding a few hundred back in if you can't line up the dates.

Back
Top Bottom