Palau liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottcath

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a palau liveaboard trip sometime at the end of 2010, October through December. Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences to share regarding aggressor vs ocean hunter I and III, or time of year? Travel agents you were happy with to help with coordinating on land, transfers etc? Tips on getting the best airfares? Any help would be great.

I can't tell you much about what time of year etc. You might call Fish n Fins and chat with them on the phone. What I can tell you is that I spent a fantastic week on Ocean Hunter I last May!!!

October is the worst time of year to go to Palau as it is peak rainy season. From what we were told by our DMs on liveaboard, that is when it rains so much that they actually don't dive, they go on vacation elsewhere.
Dec is when the sharks start showing up in greater number for mating. Ideally, go in December if you can. We were there Dec 1-8th and the sharks were already there. According to our DMs, that was a bit earlier than normal. They usually don't see so many until later in month.
My trip report: Palau on the Eco Explorer - Dec 2007

robin

Went in April 2008 on the Aggressor II and it was an awesome trip with a great crew. I agree with robint, Sep - Dec is the worst part of the year. That being said, the worst part of the year there is still better then just about anywhere else.

We did Ocean Hunter III first week of December last year and had a great time, I can highly recommend that boat. It was the first time my wife liked the food on a liveaboard and the diving was fantastic. I did 30 dives during the 7 day trip.

Be careful with dive travel agents, as long as you plan to spend at least $250 per night they are fine, but you will find it hard to get them to make cheaper arrangements.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom