Cleaning mask found in river

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xeptra

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently obtained a mask that has obviously been in the river for awhile. Except for some gross brown/green algea muck it looks like it would be a pretty good mask. I would like to clean it up and give it a chance, any suggestions for good ways to de-muck it? Right now it's soaking in fresh water.

Maybe some aquarium safe algae remover? Me, i'd use a *very* mild bleach solution to soak it in for about 30 mins or so. I mean VERY mild bleach solution.

Maybe some aquarium safe algae remover? Me, i'd use a *very* mild bleach solution to soak it in for about 30 mins or so. I mean VERY mild bleach solution.

That would be one tablespoon in 1/2 gallon. Or less.

the glass can be cleaned up with some rubbing compound, it will polish up the plastic as well (although I will remove any logos at the same time). if they are plastic lenses then don't do this as it will leave the plastic lens horrible scratched

Back
Top Bottom