Dive op for the vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew930

New
Reaction score
Is there a dive op that will take you out and let you do two dives on the Vandenberg? Advanced or better divers with nitrox cards. I just remember years ago that it was like pulling teeth to get a Key Largo dive op to do a double Speigel.

My son and I did a two tanker morning dive with Subtropic. Had a good experience with them.

I did a double dip with Subtropic three weeks ago... I had a great time!!!

Drew-- that is getting easier to do these days as big tanks, nitrox and computers have become more common.

Some ops are even having a long tech dive group while the other groups do two drops on the same wreck.

Is there an op in Key West or a place like Fill Express in the Keys that will rent tanks larger than an AL 80? Last time I was in the Keys -- years and years ago -- it was somewhat difficult to find anything larger than a standard AL 80. Thanks!

Is there an op in Key West or a place like Fill Express in the Keys that will rent tanks larger than an AL 80? Last time I was in the Keys -- years and years ago -- it was somewhat difficult to find anything larger than a standard AL 80. Thanks!

In another thread, someone who worked for SubTropic said something about them getting in bigger tanks.... not sure if they did or not, but check with them.

Mike, I think you're thinking of the thread Jesse from Subtropic (Sweetwaterhag) started a while back asking what sort of "amenities" we'd like to see for Vandenberg trips. (come to think of it, I didn't get my post dive foot massage!)

I'm actually surprised that more operators don't have at least 100's for the deeper wrecks...

Mike, I think you're thinking of the thread Jesse from Subtropic (Sweetwaterhag) started a while back asking what sort of "amenities" we'd like to see for Vandenberg trips. (come to think of it, I didn't get my post dive foot massage!)

I'm actually surprised that more operators don't have at least 100's for the deeper wrecks...

yep.. that's him.

most of the dive operators just cater to the 'vacation diver' who doesn't know any better. They don't want but one tank to rent. they don't want the hassles. :shakehead:

They also don't want you "extending your bottom time" with say a HP119 making go over the 4 hours they allotted for your trip. I've had dive operators before for example tell us that we had to be "back on board by 11am" (or in 40 minutes) so they could leave on time. :shakehead:

Yet some of the same dive operators have no problems jacking up their trip price for a Vandenberg dive, even when it's the same time length and distance run to the sites they dove before they sunk the Vandenberg. :shakehead:

But I agree with you that something like a HP100 with a convertible valve would be great for shops to have. They just don't want to go to the extra expense and hassle I think. oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom