Planning a trip to Albany Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok so I'm heading down to Albany Georgia. Probably around the 1st of the year. Does anybody know of any great dive sites or charters in the area?

Ok so I'm heading down to Albany Georgia. Probably around the 1st of the year. Does anybody know of any great dive sites or charters in the area?

For fresh water, Vortex Springs is less than 3 hours SW of Albany.

For the ocean, try Panama City which is about three hours south. Panama City Dive Center Also, you can do a shore dive on the jetties at St Andrews State park in Panama City Beach. If you try a shore dive, search SB for related posts. Dives need to be done at certain times of the day based on the tides. I am not sure about water temp (maybe low 60s) or the viz at this time of year.

Or in 7 to 9 hours, you can be in the WPB, FL, or Florida Keys.

Not exactly the heart of diving. For diving the Atlantic (will be cold) there is Divers' Den in St. Mary's, Georgia. Also numerous caverns suitable for open water divers in N. Central Florida - Blue Grotto and Devil's Den in Williston, Ginnie Springs and Troy Springs near High Springs. Good luck.

I am guessing the Florida springs, the Gulf of Mexico, or Myrtle Beach SC and Charleston SC. There is also an outfit I have noticed on the Georgia Coast that is ramping up.

I am thinking you are going to find river diving, lake diving, and maybe a quarry around Albany GA. Albany if fairly rural.

Back
Top Bottom