dual tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemikemike

Reaction score
Hi. Please, I could use some help. A succinct answer will be more than fine. Why would a diver use dual tanks? Just extended dive time or for mixing gas? Forgive me, I'm writing a brief article, I'm not a diver, and could use this info for reader clarification. Heaps of thanks! Mike

Its for the CIA and I'm forbidden to ment...oops. It's a simple question, really. Thank you for your reply.

My bro is a cave diver and he takes the second tank for an alternate/additional supply of air. I suspect that other divers take a second tank so that they can stay down longer. Personally, it's all that I can do to get my hairy a** off the bench with one tank on, let alone two.

1) larger air supply
2) gear redudancy in case of problems like a freeflowing regulator
3) twin tanks tend to be more stable on your back than one large tank of the same volume.

R..

I read on SB that if you don't dive Doubles, you will die.

Dual tanks are generally used for Deco diving. I do know a few folk that use dual tanks because that is how they have set things up, and they can often do 3~4 REC dives off of two tanks...

Doubles offer the advantage of redundancy/backup and more available air. The downside is they are kinda bulky, and you need a bunch of additional gear vs. single tank diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom