JVC Picsio / Ike Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the Inon UWL 105 AD and 9306.80 lens adapter compatible with the JVC Picsio camera and Ikelite housing ?

Quote from Ikelite website:
External Accessory Lenses.
An external wide angle conversion lens increases angle of coverage so you can get much closer to your subject while still fitting everything in the frame. By reducing the amount of water between the subject and your camera lens, the resulting image will be more crisp and colorful. Attach 67mm threaded #6420 Ikelite W-20, Inon Type II, and Epoque lenses using the #9306.78 Port Adapter. This adapter can also be used to attach 67mm threaded macro lenses.

Yeah, I saw that. But it only makes mention of threaded lenses. It doesn't mention bayonet mount lenses. Why ? How the lens mounts shouldn't make any difference to if it works or not. On my still camera I have a choice whether to use threaded or bayonet mount lenses. I went with bayonet. What matters is if the lens is compatible with the camera, i.e. the distance from the camera lens to the first element in the accessory lens. I just want to see if the omission of bayonet mount lenses was an oversight, or if they just don't work with the setup.

Correction: we didn't offer a solution, but we do now! You can order adaptor #9306.79 through an Ikelite dealer to attach your bayonet mount lenses to the housing lens port.

I've never seen a manufacturer go to such lengths to release new products/updates in such a timely manner. Housings for flash-based camcorders, port lock revisions, wetlens mounting systems, etc.

Seems every time someone asks about something, a new product is in the works to address just that. Kudos to you guys, I'm very impressed!

The #9306.79 adapter will attach to the front of the housing. However the distance between the front of the camera lens and the back of the wet lens is not ideal. Hence the #9306.79 adapter is not recommended in our specs for the Compact Video housings.

We're looking at a new bayonet adapter that would reduce this distance and provide better image quality. I'll post another reply as I have more information.

I'm sorry for the conflicting information on this topic. Please accept this as the official Ikelite position!

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom