Basic Review Material...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DailyLunatic

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I was wanting to review my basic skills recently and could not find my OW or AOW materials (both NAUI).

Contacted my LDS (now SSI) to see if he could order a manual for me and was told $45 for a complete set of course materials.

Is there a less expensive alternative for me?

Thanks
Sterling
92.5% Pure

Phish-phood once bubbled...
Try e-bay. Certainly the UK version always seems to have PADI manuals for auction secondhand.

Not familiar with PADI, so didn't consider it.

I assume the skills are the same regardless the agency? ie, ascent, buddy breathing, etc...

Sterling
92.5% Pure

DailyLunatic once bubbled...

Not familiar with PADI, so didn't consider it.

I assume the skills are the same regardless the agency? ie, ascent, buddy breathing, etc...

Sterling
92.5% Pure

The standards may vary somewhat, and the skills are something you gain as you practice.

I'd get any of the OW books, look it over, and then dive with an experienced buddy....or take a refresher course...

My AOW materials (PADI) are reasonable, but they don't go into basics.

I picked up a copy of 'Scuba Diving' in barnes @ nobles book store. It's apparantly the offical manual for the YMCA program and its the most indepth OW book I've read. I also have the PADI and SSI OW manual.

You could probably find one at amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom