Alternative to Jetfins when you fall between XL and XXL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What would be the next best option if you like the SP Jetfins, but moved from wet to dry with rockboots, and now your XL are too small, but the XXL is too large?

Is there any brand with similar qualities (one-material design, heavy/negatively buoyant to compensate for floaty feet, classic paddle, and good performance)? Something that I can buy and feel like I'm still using my Jetfins? And if you went through this already, for the fins that you recommend, what size to choose that is exactly in the middle between Jetfins XL and Jetfins XXL?

Heck I'd like to know what alternitives to jetfins exist for larger than 2x
I'm a size 15 rock boot and jets were the only option I could find
I've looked at forcefins, but for the cost I'm gonna be damn sure I like them before investing.

Heck I'd like to know what alternitives to jetfins exist for larger than 2x
I'm a size 15 rock boot and jets were the only option I could find
I've looked at forcefins, but for the cost I'm gonna be damn sure I like them before investing.

I agree $400-$500 is pretty expensive for fins.

Ditto. Turtles are exactly what you're looking for. Look around, you can find some pretty good deals from time to time. I think I paid $50 for mine.

They have all the same characteristics as Jets with a foot pocket between XL and XXL.

What about the Hollis F1? I have read some nice reviews about it on the internet..

+1 for the Hollis F1. My fiance was in the same position as the OP, so I bought him a pair for his birthday. He positively swears by them. I now have a horrible case of fin envy and although I adore my Jets and have no need of another pair (until I go dry, that is), it's hard to resist the ones on display at my LDS.

Thanks for the Hollis suggestion, I'll order a pair tomorrow. I have two sets of Turtles and I'm looking for better there as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom