Another F1 sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was using a Scubapro Jetfin size XL for my 5mm wet boots, size EU 43 (i think this is US size 9).

I have now a Scubapro Fjord HD drysuit with boots size M. The XL Jetfin is too small, the XXL Jetfin is too large. But as I read a lot of great reviews about your F1 fins, maybe I'm lucky the Jetfins don't fit (otherwise I would have just bought them and never considered to look around).

So the question is: is there a F1 size that sits in the middle between a XL and a XXL Jetfin, which would work with size 43 rockboots? ( FJORD HD - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC )

EUR 43 should be more like a US 10. i have US 11 rockboots and XL fits like a glove.

I think we need a sticky thread on sizing in the Hollis forum, and have the ultimate final ever size comparison chart!

I'm waiting for my new drysuit to turn up, but am expecting to be back exactly where you are - between XL and XXL jets, with XXXL turtles fitting reasonably well.

I want to buy some F1s, but will have to get them shipped from the US - getting the size wrong triples the cost of the fins!!

Andy,

I'm almost in the same situation - have to order over the internet, and it must work from the begining.

I'm almost in the same situation - have to order over the internet, and it must work from the begining.

Here's my top tip!

I've been in contact with ScubaBasics - Scuba Gear, Scuba Diving Equipment and Discount Snorkeling from Scubabasics.com. I've never used them before, but William who answered my query has arranged for someone to go down to the warehouse and dig out a pair of Bare Trek boots in my size, and go through the XL and XXL fin sizes and try them on and see how they fit.

Not sure if they have access to your boots, but could be worth a try. FWIW, my foot size is EUR44 and I'm wearing an XL boot. You might have a bit more confidence once they check my sizing!

A big shout to ScubaBasics - if they do this, then it's great service and I have no problem buying from them!

Back
Top Bottom