Blizzard Oasis 1st Stage Difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerry1818

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I did a search and read what I found so I think I know the answer, but I'd appreciate a definitive response from the Sherwood Rep.

Is there any difference in the Blizzard and Oasis first stages?

(I understand the differences in the second stages.)

Thanks in Advance,
Jerry

Closer inspection reveals that the Oasis I have comes with the SRB-5700, and the Blizzard I have has the SRB-5900 1st stage. They are physically identical on the outside.

Does anyone know the difference between the two?

Thanks,
Jerry

The first stage is essentially the same. The design, layout, and finish are all the same. The real difference in the first stage is the use of some teflon coated o-rings.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

Yes, exactly.

I was going to swap my Blizzard second to my Oasis first and vice-versa, because the Oasis is newer. Then I would keep the newer first stage with the Blizzard second, and sell the other combo, but it sounds as though I should keep the sets together, rather than swap them (unless I add teflon O-rings to the 5700 1st).

Your opinion?

Thanks,
Jerry

Sherwood Scuba rep,
Which "teflon coated o-rings" are you referring to? I am curious, since my manual which covers the SRB5700 and SRB5900 shows the same part numbers for o-rings in both of these first stages.

Yes, I'm curious as well. Nothing definitive, but I found some indications that the part numbers for the rebuild kits are the same as well, which would make sense if the o-rings and other parts are the same.

Do both regs have Teflon coated o-rings, or neither?
Maybe there's another explanation.

My apologies. My mistake, the first stages are identical. It is the 2nd stages where the differences are.

Thanks SS rep,

I appreciate the info; I guess I can do the swap then. Just one more question, if you don't mind.

Is there any significance at all to the model numbers then? Is the 5900 newer then the 5700?

Thanks Again,
Jerry

Jerry,
The only significance is that the 5700 is the Oasis, and the 5900 is the Blizzard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom