LBTS Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The wife and I are staying in LBTS Thursday through Sunday.

Can anyone give us the 411 on the predicted conditions?

Yes, I've checked the weather forecast, but I don't trust them.

Also are there any other decent beach dives in the area (besides BHB).

Thank you... :)

check this site for immediate conditions:
Live Fort Lauderdale Web Cam - Fort Lauderdale CVB
I get pretty good info from the weather underground website.

Pretty much conditions are the same up and down the coast.
Other places to dive
Deerfield Beach - as far south from the pier before the road turns toward A1A
Pompano Beach - 8th st, 12th street
LBTS - North and south of the pier, public parking
Ft. Lauderdale - North of Sunrise Blvd. Go past the "natural" barriar to park. I think its about 14th street or so.
Dania Beach - Erojacks, north parking lot, walk past pier, get in the water and swim NE till you are at least out as far as the end of the pier. continue north until you are straight east of the jack on shore.
Dania Beach South - South end of the parking lot. Enter at that Scuba Divers Entrance (sign),
Hollywood Beach -pick a street. North of Sheridan street is more grassy, near Johnson St is broken rubble and low profile reef.

You need to swim at least 100 yards out, some sites are better further out. If you can see the reef balls in Pompano or LBTS, that is a drop off, Pompano is nicer. Consider a 40 min. swim out.
Don't forget your flag, and money for the parking meters. Some meters take dollar bills others quarters.
Good luck!

Conditions should have been great for November. LBTS is a nice dive and easy to find. Pompano is nicer, but far swim out. Jacks are cool in Dania, but can be hard to find. Dania also has a nice ledge, but can be tricky to find as well. Swim 50 yards past the pier and drop, swim due east until you run into the ledge whih runs north/south. I prefer Pompano and Dania myself.

Thanks for the information.

I like the idea of Pompano, and swim out isn't a worry.

Is there a recommended/favorite dive-op in Pompano?

Thanks for the information.

I like the idea of Pompano, and swim out isn't a worry.

Is there a recommended/favorite dive-op in Pompano?

Force-E just west of the intracoastal on Atlantic BLVD is your best bet fir dive shops.
If you are going to do the drop off, I suggest parking at SE 12 st as oppsed to Atlantic or 8th. The further south you go, the nicer the drop off is.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom