Mares Avanti Quattro Vs. Mares Excel+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeptuneVII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, im getting fins on christmas and im still indecisive about those 2:

-Mares Avanti Quattro
-Mares Excel+

can anyone help me? :)

Mares Avanti Quattro - one of the best fins you can have - strong and powerful.

Never tried the Excel+'s but I do like my Avanti Quattro's. I've been using them since they came on the market.
I use them with an AL63 in the pool all the way to double 120's with 2 stages.

For anyone who can't decide which fin to buy, the best thing to do is find (rent or borrow) a pair you're intrested in and take them for a spin.

From Oct 5th to Oct 21st there was a similar thread with 40 replies. Did you try the search function?

I have both pair of fins. I have not dove with the Excel's yet, but these fins look more alike vs. different. The Excels are slightly narrower, and are a bit beefier where the fin joins the boot so to speak.

For whatever reason, Mares Quattros type fins are VERY cheap on Ebay of late. I picked up the Excel's in a limited edition model for around $20 plus ship.

At some point I need to unload some fins, and if the size Regular fits, I have a pair for sale (Quattros), or will as soon as I get my stuff together. :D

In any event, I find paying $100+ for a pair of fins hard to swollow which is why I generally purchased these types of things used. Fins just don't wear out, but I have seen some de-laminate (the old Volo's, not the Quattros).

I have the avanti quattro's and love them. I would say that if you're willing to spend (or willing to have spent on you, I should say) the extra money for the excels, you might as well go up another $10 and get the Volo's.

I have the avanti quattro's and love them. I would say that if you're willing to spend (or willing to have spent on you, I should say) the extra money for the excels, you might as well go up another $10 and get the Volo's.

Volos & Excels are not alike to dive with. Excels give a lot more feed back & power.

The Avanti quattro are still standard for every fin! But the Excel is setting up a new level, so therfore go for them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom