Wade's Page - Blue Heron Bridge - Should I Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Wade's Page is now from 2007 and there have been no updates (I understand how that can happen as priorities change).

Should I create a new Blue Heron Bridge page/pages with the use of background info from Wade's page and new information from those who are current divers...

Information such as how the construction of the replacement span is going, what to expect from month to month, etc...

Wade's Page is now from 2007 and there have been no updates (I understand how that can happen as priorities change).

Should I create a new Blue Heron Bridge page/pages with the use of background info from Wade's page and new information from those who are current divers...

Information such as how the construction of the replacement span is going, what to expect from month to month, etc...

I'd say yes, but only if you update the Tide Tables. And please, make sure first if you need any special permission to do so, using his background information.

I'd say yes, but only if you update the Tide Tables. And please, make sure first if you need any special permission to do so, using his background information.
Much of his background information is public domain. I wouldn't quote anything/copy paste... just find sources already used for background information. I have already noticed some information on the page that is slightly in-accurate (based on my library and web search information... but it is very minor)

2010 NOAA Tides are already posted threw NOAA... That's really my driving force on this.

Who is up for a New Year's Day dive at BHB, besides me? :wink:

Much of his background information is public domain. I wouldn't quote anything/copy paste... just find sources already used for background information. I have already noticed some information on the page that is slightly in-accurate (based on my library and web search information... but it is very minor)

2010 NOAA Tides are already posted threw NOAA... That's really my driving force on this.

Who is up for a New Year's Day dive at BHB, besides me? :wink:

Well then, sounds like a worthwhile project. And yes, forget about 2009, and go with the 2010 tables. As long as you promise to update them yearly. :blinking:

You could always link/reference his page as source info.

I received Wade's email in a PM from a member of SB.

Here is the email sent:

I am going to update the information for Blue Heron Bridge on a new web site that will include the new construction information and updated NOAA tables.

I know most of the information supplied on your web page is public domain (and some are personal observations/pictures), but I want to ask if you mind that I "quote" Wade's page on the public domain items, or if you want me to quote original sources for the updated site concerning Blue Heron Bridge

Thanks for your response, in advance,

Jim

Last edited:
You will be lucky if you get a reply. I have e-mailed him at least twice and no replies. Go for it.

hmm 8:29 AM high tide, New Years day..would have to limit my rum intake, but is doable...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom