Seeking advice for Egypt and red sea diving in december

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raisthlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
First of all, please forgive me. I know i should use the search function. Which i did a little bit but i am in desperate need for help and i need anwers really fast because i only have 2 hours to decide if i go to Egypt december 1 to december 22 to do some sightseeing and diving.

I would like to know if i can expect good visibility and nice diving during that time. It seems like sharks are matting during that time and that visibility is really good in december so it does sounds good but i would like to know what everyone thinks about diving in december.

Lots of fishs ?, corals ?, possible to find a liveaboard or dive package without booking in advance ?, best dive site for december ?, best dive centers (i will most definetely do a search on this but feel free to give advices)

Any help is extremely appreciated. Like i said...i only have 2 hours to decide if i go or not.

Thanks

Raisthlin

First of all, we forgive you :)

Yes expect good visibility and nice diving in the Red Sea during December.

If I were in your shoes, I'd have booked in advance to avoid any hassle, especially when it comes to liveaboards.

Other questions depend on where you want to go (Dahab, Sharm, Hurghada, Safaga, more south, etc...).

First of all, we forgive you :)

Yes expect good visibility and nice diving in the Red Sea during December.

If I were in your shoes, I'd have booked in advance to avoid any hassle, especially when it comes to liveaboards.

Other questions depend on where you want to go (Dahab, Sharm, Hurghada, Safaga, more south, etc...).

:D

Thanks for answering Red Sea Shadow. I saw here that you were very helpful so i sent you an email thru your website as well earlier today.

I purchased my tickets finally. It seems i was thinking to go toward Dahab to take my Advance Open Water course. Im only OW. Do you have an opinion on Dahab dorms and the Red Sea Relax center affiliated with them. red-sea-relax.com

What about the overall quality of diving around Dahab ? good enuff ?

Im gonna grab a travel guide book and browse thru it but in your opinion do you think Dahab is a good choice ? If not where would you go to do some beginners dive and perhaps follow an advance padi course.

Regarding liveaboard im still trying to figure it out. I think my budget would be limited to 300-350 euros so im not quite sure it is enuff for a liveaboard :confused:

Thanks again for your help it is much appreciated.

PS: forgive my spelling and grammar. English isnt my first language. French is.

Dominic from Canada.

Dahab is a good choice in my opinion. If you want more info about Dahab dive sites, try SCUBA diving holidays in Dahab, South Sinai, Red Sea, Egypt

Your budget is enough for a 3 days liveaboard.

Your English is fine mais on peut communiquer en français si tu veux (over the mail not here to let the other folks participate, as the majority here prefers English :))

Dahab is a good choice in my opinion. If you want more info about Dahab dive sites, try SCUBA diving holidays in Dahab, South Sinai, Red Sea, Egypt

Your budget is enough for a 3 days liveaboard.

Your English is fine mais on peut communiquer en français si tu veux (over the mail not here to let the other folks participate, as the majority here prefers English :))

Sounds good. I will be sending an email shortly. Merci encore!

If anyone else as somethign to say please feel free to contribute.

I am based in Sharm and always look forward to our diving trips to Dahab. Very nice, chilled out atmosphere, the two dives we always do, which you of course will do in your week are the Canyon and The Bells to Blue Hole.. both excellent dives, lots of life.

Hope you have a great trip.

:)

Greetings boarders, i am booked for a weeks liveaboard out of Sharm 31 jan 10. Any suggestions re wetsuit thickness to take. I'm thinking one piece 3mm and a rashie?? (only because I have them, alternately 5mm one piece)
Also any particular dive sites to ask for?

havagudxmas

Col

its going to be chilly. i work in eilat, israel with scuba in the red sea and i've had some cold diving days even in a 5mm. other than that, expect nothing but beautiful dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom