Side Mounting Mods on my Zeagle Express Tech...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, I had Zeagle add four Grommets at the top to eliminate the Taco effect on my Zeagle Express Tech BC. I threaded the existing bungee cord through the grommets to hold the wing down. The sleeve slides down on the bungee hooks allowing them to be reused after threading. I will be asking Scott if I can get two loops added to the very top of the bladder, or I might do that myself. My initial post on this BC can be found here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...-first-last-bc-most-will-ever-need-want.html?

Modifications.jpg

Four additional grommets!

...a mini hijack here.....this whole side-mount business......while I've never actually seen anyone dive this way, one of my LDS's is all over sidemount like 'white on rice" (BTW, that LDS has a heavy tech diver orientation, and they do some very hard core tech dives sometimes)......but I'm just not seein' it? .....aside from the cavers and wreck divers who plan to try to worm through very tight passages/spaces.....where else is this 'trend' expected to take off ? I'm just not seein' liveaboards or any other traditional dive op configured to handle divers equipped this way.....I'm thinking sidemount is good for home diving where you can bring your own tanks to the site...or maybe someplace like Bonaire, where you are on your own and can gear up however, you want and for as long as it takes....but I don't see this trend taking off outside these specialized situations.

You would be: CORRECT!

That's the beauty of this system. I can convert from a single back mount to side mount in just minutes. I am hitting the caves tomorrow to test her out. I added two tabs on the top of the bladder to keep it from ballooning away from me when there is air in it.

Last night, I hand stitched two tabs onto the top of the bladder and away from the sealed area (I didn't want to cause any leaks).

TabCloseUp1.JPG

Close up

TabCloseUp2.JPG

Both tabs.

I wanted to dive it today, but sinuses are preventing me from doing so!

I just showed this rig to TJ from Dayo Scuba who does a lot of side mounting. He is sending his harness into Zeagle for the additional 4 grommets and is getting a butt plate from Tobin. He definitely liked what he saw.

Absolutly a great BC. Pete showed it to me and I bought one. As a instructor I have about 16 BC's in various sizes from XS to XXXL to accomindate all that I train. They are all going on sale and will be replaced by this system. One size fits just about all, and the price is 1/2 that of most other BC's. This definately solves the problem of buying a youth BC, having the child grow, sell the old one on ebay for nothing, buy a new one, repeat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom