Killer baguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I dont know how to write it correctly, I mean that long french bread, you know, baguete.

Anyway- here's the story:

In my last diving vactaion, the day before the last, I was suposed to go diving with a friend of mine, that used to work with me in the same diving center. We planed on a deep dive, somewhere in the morning. In the evening before the dive he called me and canceled it, said he was suposed to open a new course. So, the last day I can dive comes, I go to the dive center, sit with all the instructors there, looking for someone to dive with. It happened that a few courses opened a day earlier, so none of them could come with me in the next few hours. So I went down, to a shop, and bought myself a baguete. It was a beautifull piece of baguete engineering, with salads and sousage and humus and a lot of stuff. As I walked out I met my friend. While I held the famouse baguete he toled me He was aventualy free for a dive. I looked at the baguete, than at him and said-"ok, but let me finish this first". Now-I know it is unwise to eat before diving, but I am known as the man with the stomach of steel.

Let's shorten it up here. We went to the dive, a deep dive- about 40 meters. We were quite happy, as you can expect. During the ascent, I started feeling something strange in my stomach. The further up we've gone, the worse it became. At 20 meters, I started having stomach juices coming up, and had to vomit a bit here and there, Even though I know feeding the fish hurts the eco-system. I also felt relatively light, with a bit of tendancy to float as we reached the shalower water, although I had enough weights. So I grabbed a stone, hanged there for a good long safety stop went up, looked at my buddy and burffed, like I never did before. After the barf I toled him- "man that's why I was so light, that's a 2 pound barf!".

As we started walking out of the water, towards the diving center, I started feeling dizzy, very dizzy. I also had a bad ache in my stomach. It grew worse and worse as time went by. I asumed it was due to dehydration, as we had a very long dive, but when the skin all over my stomach became red and terribly itching I got worried. Fortunately, a diving doctor just arrived at the center, and I asked him to examine me. He said I'm ok, no fear of DCS, I just need to lie down and drink a lot. For the next several hours I had a revolution in my stomach. A friend of mine brought me a book to read while I was lieing down, and I couldn't even read it's name on the cover!!!
I was as good as passed out. It took me about half a day to regain myself, and the folowing day I was completly healthy.

Well- the morale?
I guess It's dont eat fancy baguets before diving, but hell, knowing myself- next time I get hungry, I'll probobly do the same :wink:

Hey Liquid...

I think the problem was you exceeded your daily BTI...

Le Baguette Toxicity Index

I am glad that you decided not to cast your bread upon the waters…

:tease:

Did anyone ever tell you how truly EVIL you are? What a horrific pun!!!!

Okay. I snickered.... but I didn't LOL. :wink:

~SubMariner~

Hey SubMariner,

Well hey, I love the LOLs, but still relish those involuntary snickers. Yeah, I know my mind is warped (ask Joewr) but my wife and kids love me anyway. Some even say my nick should be "PunDoc". :tease:

People!
It was the most horrible thing I ever felt in my stomach!
Felt reall wierd, damn it.

anyway-net doc- I think I like you also, so it's not just your emidate family...

I can feel my self esteem rising... :tease:

Actually, there are very few on this board that I have a hard time with. Most are thoughtful individuals who really want to share AND learn.

However... those of you who think you know it all, really annoy those of us who actually DO know it all... :all:

The NetDoc for correctly spelling, "baguette", but he probably never heard of Semifreddi's, the best bakery in the San Francisco Bay Area, and their delicious seeded baguette! So, if he ever gets out this way, he will be given, fully at my expense, one Semifreddi's seeded baguette. And, if he makes nice, a sour dough batard!

Liquid for being too lazy to use a dictionary or too cheap to buy an English or Hebrew-English dictionary large enough to include the word, "baguette". So, if he ever comes to California, I will give him half the money needed to but a decent USED dictionary a Cody's, one of my favorite bookstores in Berkelely.

SubMariner for telling it like it is to the NetDoc and Liquid. He will get something small, but maritime, made by me, in my shop, out of Philippine mahogany, to use on his dream yacht.

Tom Vyles for being so polite. He will get, upon arrival in California, two Semifreddi baguettes: one seeded and one plain: and pound of Peets Coffee--but just the House Blend (I am on a budget, you know.)

Joewr...back to folding and packing.

I never imegined I'd spell baguette so close to how it should be written! only one "T" missing!

Anyway-you'r on to me, I'm lazy. But that explains why I'm a good diver- diving is the lazy man's sport! no sweating needed whatsoever! only move your legs upword, than let them fall down, one by one... fall asleep... ascend and tell your friends about the great things you saw (in your dreams). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom