The Oriskany is New Again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evensplit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Tropical Storm Ida made some adjustments to the USS Oriskany in Pensacola, Florida. Everyone so far agrees that it's an improvement. Details and Pics at:

USS Oriskany

Awesome!
A group of us from Northern Indiana are heading down there this March to dive it. Can't wait to see this beauty for myself after seeing all the pictures of it. Glad to see the changes are for the better.

Hard to imagine that a minor storm was able to move that behemoth any at all given the depth. Impressive. N

This is an awsome dive. I just dove it for the first time in the beggining of october and it was overwelming. MBT divers is a great shop to book your trip to the big O. The boat crew was really nice and very knowledgeble about the dive.

Hard to imagine that a minor storm was able to move that behemoth any at all given the depth. Impressive. N

Ida has some serious waves. 20 plus foot waves in Gulf Shores knocked out panels on the pier that were 20 ft above the normal waterline.

I thought that. In the BVI, the Wreck of the Rhone is at about 85 feet, and has gone through about 24 major hurricanes since she sank in 1867 (including 7 since I have been diving her in 1984) and no reports of anything similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom