SEA & SEA 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N type NIB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddyver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
New in box. Never used. Never wet.

$90 plus shipping. I accept paypal. Shipping costs will be determined at time of sale.

Retails for $175. Not compatible with my new housing.

Last edited:
I may be interested, Is for the Sea&sea DX-D100. would that fit?
i haven't heared of "type NIB"..... what is that?

Sorry. Modified original post to clarify.

This is a 5-pin N-type (Nikonos type) sync cord. NIB means "New In Box". This is a nice way of saying I was dumb enough to buy something that doesn't work and now I get to sell it for 50% of the purchase price. I consider this part of my scuba education.

You need to compare the cord pin configuration to your housing strobe bulk head connection. I've attached two photographs. The first (bulkhead side) connects to your housing. The second (strobe side) connects to your strobe. This should confirm whether or not the sync cord fits your housing and your strobes. Or if you have a sync cord that already works, just compare these connections in the photos to the connections on your sync cord.

Mike

Attachments

• Bulkhead Side.jpg
    Bulkhead Side.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 36
  • Strobe Side.jpg
    Strobe Side.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 35
I also researched the Sea & Sea DX-D100 housing. From everything I read the cord should be compatible, but it depends on whether your bulk head connector is configured for a 5-pin sync cord. Hence the photos.

Mike

PM Sent

yes, thanks for that, I am confused whether to get the dual or single now... my friend says i be better of using my second strobe as a slave....
I'll decide soon, be doing some research if the fire reliable if used via the cell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom