War of 1812 wreck, beached and burned south of Buffalo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JEScholz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone have information on the sloop "Friends Good Will" / "Little Belt" that was involved in the 1813 battle of Lake Erie? I understand that "Friends Good Will" was run aground south of Buffalo sometime before November 1, 1813 and eventually burned when the British burned Buffalo on Dec 31. My ultimate goal is to find the remains of the ship and would appreciate any help especially from someone local to the area.

Here is a web site that contains a great deal of history on the ship, and the current replica that I sail.

Michigan Maritime Museum - Friends Good Will

There is a wreck located in the niagara river that you can occasionally come across if you drift into it, we call it the wreck of the 1812, right now it looks like a set of ribs with the condition that it is in.

Do you know if anyone has done any research on it or if there is a set of GPSs numbers for it? The wreck I am searching for would have been a sloop of about 60'.

Sorry for the late response, as far as GPS I have none as we normally drift into the wreck. It is close to strawberry island for its location

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom