trouble getting air out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex6

Reaction score
I just bought a old Zeagle BC. Its all most brand new only had 5

dives on it. But any way my dive instru let me use my BC in are

class but I had to get it serviced first. It has the back inflation

wings. But when Iam under the water it is alittle hard to get all

the air out. I like have to flip to get all the air out. Is this common.

The size of the BC is a small it has no pockets just rings and clips

. Iam only 140 pounds. Small dude

Thanks for all your help

Actually, 99% of the air is probably out even tho you think it's full. Mine felt like that too, but my buddy assures me that it's empty from the look of it. Now that I have a drysuit, I trust that this is the case. Just walking in waist-deep water, the legs onthe suit suck right up against my legs, so I have to believe that the pressure is squeezing all the air out of the bladder in the BC just as well. Just raise your head and left shoulder. You don't have to be completely vertical, just have the valve higher than the rest of the bladder, the air should be pushed out.

I will try that in my OW class tonight

Thanks for your help

take into consideration that this BC by itself is very bouyant.
Are you weighed correctly?

Which Zeagle BC do you have? I've got a Scout and had problems getting the air out for the first 20 dives or so. Even though I was sure it was empty I'd start bouncing up the 2nd 1/2 of my dive and had lots of trouble holding a safety stop.

My AOW instructor noticed that the bungee's were actually keeping air trapped almost like little balloons. We took them off and since then, no problems. I also make sure the I'm vertical, slightly leaned back and have my left shoulder higher then the right on on descent so all the air gets out.

Before you go in the water use the oral inflator and suck out the air until you can see the bladder collapsing, and it works in the water too if you forget before you jump...

Diversauras once bubbled...
Before you go in the water use the oral inflator and suck out the air until you can see the bladder collapsing, and it works in the water too if you forget before you jump...

I would certainly advise against this. You do NOT want to be basically breathing the air inside your BC in any way.
This is not a good idea

I am not sure what BC it is. Its a Zeagle with not pockets it has 6 rings on it for clipping things to. It has two straps one for each shoulder. Then alittle one that gos across the chest. And one that goes across the lower stomach. Its a awesome BC I love it

sheck33 once bubbled...

I would certainly advise against this. You do NOT want to be basically breathing the air inside your BC in any way.
This is not a good idea

This is just sucking it dry and then exhaling the trapped air, it's not the old ABLJ breathing I learned 20 years ago. It also works for those that can't otherwise get out all the air.

I never thought about sucking the air out. I suppose if it's the 1st dive in a while, it will prolly taste REEAALL GGOOOOODDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom