Good Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve78_old

Registered
Reaction score
If any of you fellow divers are into spear-fishing i just read a really good book ... its called The Helldiver's Rodeo by Humberto Fontova ........" A Deadly , Extreme, Scuba-Diving, Spear-Fishing, Adventure Amid the Offshore Oil-Platforms in the Murky Waters of the Gulf of Mexico"

Is it a "how to" or is it more in the aquatic adventure category? Author and publisher's names?

Originally posted by Scubasteve78
If any of you fellow divers are into spear-fishing i just read a really good book ... its called The Helldiver's Rodeo by Humberto Fontova ........" A Deadly , Extreme, Scuba-Diving, Spear-Fishing, Adventure Amid the Offshore Oil-Platforms in the Murky Waters of the Gulf of Mexico"

Definetly more adventure than how too some of its probably true and i know some is BS but still reads very well....author is Humberto Fontova and the the publisher is M Evans and Company, Inc New York.......................... i ordered mine from amazon....was a total of like 18 dollars shipped

Just wanted to sincerely thank those who bought Helldiver's Rodeo. I'm especially gratified that you enjoyed it. The Travel Channel will run a show based on it titled "Destination Danger" on April 21st. Here you'll see what this crazy stuff acctually looks like, great underwater footage of the masses of enormous fish and the lunatics spearing them. The book was described by the New Orleans Times Picayune as "an orgy of political incorrectness!" Bill Maher seens to agree. I'll be on Politically Incorrect March 18th for the third time since last August.

Thanks again to everyone out there.
Humberto

You've piqued my interest. I'm ready for another good read. Will your discussion with Bill Maher be a hunter vs. anti-hunting format? I've see a couple of those, particularly the one that comes to mind was with Ted Nugent. That was fun.

Yes. Justaddwater, exactly.

Helldiver's Rodeo is actually a gonzo hunting book--but the hunting takes place 200 feet under the Gulf. Indeed, Ted Nugent did the jacket blurb.

My first two PI shows found me surrounded by an anti-hunting lynch mob featuring James Coburn and Bill Maher himself. As we had chatted in the green room right before the show, these same antis had been snorking down sausage tidbits and chicken shish-K-Bobs! It was TOO easy.

It'll be more sporting this time cause' vegan activist Howard Lyman will be heading the lynch mob.

I look forward to the show. I hope you had a good steak ( beef, halibut, salmon) before the show, and then had them for dessert. I was recently on a dive trip inwhich the second captain of the boat noted the lack of camaras on board and sarcastically inquired about our "dive purpose". I told her to note the spearguns and lobster bags toward the stern. I bet she's a big Bill Maher fan.

Well its good to see my thread is still alive and well....Thanks for the tv show info i'm looking foward to watching it ....

I've been looking for this show on the travel channel schedule and I cannot seem to find it ???????????????????

In my NSHO, the best response to vegetarianism is: “ If God didn’t want us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat.”

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom