seeking direction or advise for career path

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am not sure if you can help me out at all. So, I wll go ahead and explaine what I am seeking and hope for some advise. My career is a Claims Adjuster. I handle auto accident claims. I am finding myself a little unhappy with my career at this time. I know you are probably saying what does that have to do with us. Well, I am actually looking for direction. I know the direction I want to go into but, I am a little unsure of how to get there. My desire is to incombence my knowlege of insurance and my experiance of diving together. I am an expert certified diver. My desire is to work with personal and commercial lines of boat claims with some possible field work which is were my diving would come into play. I have been raised around boat and my family and I have owned several boats. So, I am familiar with boats, diving and insurance.

I am seeking out direction to accomplish my career desires.

If you could assiste me with some direction or advise it would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you for your time,

Theresa Sargent
scoobacatdive@aol.com

Maybe you should go work for DAN

That really is an excellent suggestion. DAN would probably be right up your alley....

worth checking out and a darn good starting place.

Good Luck :D

I don't think DAN handles boat claims. If you've been around boats and you've owned several boats, then no doubt you have insurance on them and know what insurance company would handle the claims. That's where I would start.

I've worked in Commercial Lines Insurance in Canada (in the computer groups but close enough to the operations group). If you can develop some "expert" credentials, you may be able to combine your knowledge of diving, boat handling, and insurance and do some investigation/consultation work for both insurance companies (risk analysis and mitigation work) and litigation lawyers (suites when the risk mitigation fails). (you'd better have your own lawyer working with you when you get involved in the first few........ and you'll need a strong stomach and a thick skin.)

Just a thought...... Do what you want but be happy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom