new to scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkoobaDyver

Reaction score
hey everyone i just finished my new cert. and i have all of my equip. except for a regulator and bc. I need to find a package that includes both of these that is $300 or less...i would prefer a package that is suitable for warm water and is very reliable.

Thanks

If you need both for $300 or less, you may want to check with local dive shops in your area and see if you can pick up some used rental gear. $300 for each is a little closer to the going rate for new quality equipment.

You may be able to obtain both for a total of $300 through a mailorder company, but beware of warranty issues and be advised you may have trouble getting your reg serviced if their is not a local dealer for the brand you buy.

There are also some very poor quality off brand regs out there and a reg is one area you do not want to skimp on quality or reliability. You would be better off with used equipment in good condition from a local source.

SkoobaDyver once bubbled...
hey everyone i just finished my new cert. and i have all of my equip. except for a regulator and bc. I need to find a package that includes both of these that is $300 or less...i would prefer a package that is suitable for warm water and is very reliable.

I think you are setting your sights a little too high there. It would be very difficult to get a new reg and BC for 300 and if you did you would certainly would not have somthing reliable.

If you go used, you will have to add around $100 to your price right off just to get everything serviced (I would not even consider diving used gear without having it serviced.)

IMHO you need to be looking around $500 to get yourself in the range of something decent. You can get a decent (not everyones favorite SP or AP but decent) regulator for < $150 leaving you with about $350 with which to get a good BC.

I also suspect that you are missing a few items here: Octo, SPG, detpth gage at the very least.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom