What's your best lobster dish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoW are you kidding? Lionfish, Chicken, Lobster and Shrimp can be prepared more ways than I'll live to eat them all.

We made it out--barely. the vis was exceptional at 4-6ft, but the surf and the surge were more impressive. We did manage to stay together and get a good hour dive in and made it back to the pier before surfacing and enjoying the 3-4 ft swells. Rick got a shovelnose, I got 2 spiny. Not a bad night considering conditions. Managed to see an Octopus, turtle in between the lobsters. Rick is going out again tonight----I wish I could make it, but....my better half/boss call the shots.

WoW are you kidding? Lionfish, Chicken, Lobster and Shrimp can be prepared more ways than I'll live to eat them all.

So since there are so many ways---give me a couple recipes. I'm no gourmet chef and not the most creative in the kitchen so I need some good recommendations.

Check out the link I gave you, it links to many awesome recipes.

I either simply boil it or parboil it and finish it on the grill with a little olive oil basted on for some sizzle.
Either way, I then give it to my littlest cat.
I did find a way that I actually could stomach. I cut the lobster up into bite-sized pieces, lightly breaded it like conch, and deep-fried it. With some Thai sweet chili sauce, it was edible.
I guess that I pretty much do that with anything short of a used car tire and it would taste ok.

Steam it with melted butter on the side. Nothing better than that. Or you can just grill the tail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom