boots in wetsuit or wetsuit in boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Kind of a stupid question, but are boots supposed to go on the outside of the wetsuit, or with the wetsuit on the outside of the boot? Inside the boot makes more intuitive sense to me (after all, you don't try to tuck the base of your gloves into the wetsuit's sleeves), but I've had a couple of divers tell me it should be the other way around. Just curious if there's a "standard" way?

If you wear the boots outside, when you exit the water you will have a neoprene water balloon on each foot. Not to mention the peeing part ....:shakehead: . So yeah, boots inside of wetsuit.

Last edited:

You got all the answers in the first three.

You see how efficient we are here on Scubaboard.:D

If you would normally tuck your pant legs into your socks, then go ahead and tuck your wetsuit into your booties. . . There's no reason to stop looking like a dork just because you're diving!:D

Boots under wetsuit, except in the old days in the Arctic and Antarctic when we wore booties that came up to just below our knees.

Kind of a stupid question, but are boots supposed to go on the outside of the wetsuit, or with the wetsuit on the outside of the boot? Inside the boot makes more intuitive sense to me (after all, you don't try to tuck the base of your gloves into the wetsuit's sleeves), but I've had a couple of divers tell me it should be the other way around. Just curious if there's a "standard" way?

Definitely inside. The pee keeps my toes warm. :D

Terry

I don't know why, but when I first read this I was thinking "dry suit"... no idea why. I was so confused. After reading the first reply I'm like "***???" then I figured it out. DUH. I was imagining some idiot wearing boots inside a dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom