What is DIR-F????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MISFIT DIVER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm sure I will get flamed but I have been noticing alot of references to DIR-F. I know that DIR is the Doing It Right theroy. I have been able to determine that the DIR-F is some type of training class. What I do not know is who sponsors it, what it covers, how you know where go to do it, the basic questions. It sounds as if it is benificial based on all the people who I see that refer to it. Anyone who can give some info on it I would appreciate it. I am always looking for ways to improve my skills.

thanks

well it stands for DIR Fundamentals and it is a pre requisite to all other DIR/GUE training courses, basically it establishes that candidates are capable and around a standard level to begin the further tech/overheard courses
its not usually free so perhaps sponsered is not the correct word, but it is a GUE (Global Underwater Explorers) course, and it is gradually becoming available in more parts of the world (we had our first one over here in march/april i believe)

im by no means an expert, so ill let anyone else make additions/corrections, but thats what i believed it to be :)

DIRF is Doing It Right Fundamentals. It is a training class sponsered by GUE (Global Underwater Explorers). For more informtion on GUE and DIR, visit www.gue.com, www.baue.org, www.northeastdir.com.

DIRF is sort of remedial training...stuff everyone *should* already know and be able to do from OW, but doesn't. GUE found that many people were coming to their Tech 1/Cave 1 training courses without the necessary skills for overhead diving, so they created this class.

I have not yet taken DIRF, but hope to next year.

DIR-F is essentially a training course that was founded by GUE...

O-Ring's link describes the training schedule and course requirements.

IT is a training class that I took almost a month ago, and was by far one of the best all around classes I have ever taken.

There are numerous trip-reports posted on the board....just do a search for DIR trip report or just DIR report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom