Oceanic Mako charger troubleshooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had my Mako DPV for about 8 years. I replaced the original batteries two years ago with motor cycle batteries. It had been working fine, but I noticed the "high rate" light didn't come on when charging it up last time, and when I went to use it last week, it was dead. I put a voltmeter on the charger output and found that my 24 volt charger is only putting out 17.6 volts. I took the cover off to see if there were any obvious burnt components, but I couldn't find any. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What was the fix? Does anyone have the circuit diagram for the circuit board? I'm sure Oceanic could fix it for $150 plus shipping, but I don't want to go that route, since it is probably a diode or transistor that I can pick up at Radio Shack for a couple bucks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom