Dutch Springs in PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReeferBen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have only dove there a handfull of dives but plan to do alot more diving there this summer. I went this past weekend and it was packed with divers.

Where is the best place to dive there? Do you like the penninsula or the student area? I want to go next weekend again but want to see/dive the best parts?

What are your favorite things about dutch springs?

TIA

I prefer the Penninsula. My favorite sites are the Silver Comet, the car and the trolley (which can be done together).

I do not like the Helicopter or the plane.

ReeferBen: You were at DS for July 4th weekend? We were there Fri, Sat. DS was very empty considering how nice the weather was. Friday was great, hardly anyone there. It felt like we had the place to ourselves. We will be there again this weekend.

I also prefer the Penninsula. The hill is not as steep and I like the attractions better on that side.

Plenty of places to set up your stuff.

Also -- easier access to cooler attractions -- trolley, car, around the island, the wall on the north side, Silver Comet, etc. One of my favorite recent dives there was out to the trolley, down, tie a line and shoot out for the car, then back to the trolley, retrieve the reel line, and head north to the boat, the gradually up to platforms just off the peninsula docks. But you gotta get to the trolley & car area early -- before classes come and kick up the silt. When we returned to the trolley from the car, it was a good thing we'd used a reel -- as viz was down to about a foot until we got north of the trolley. Water is nice and cold down there, too.

Ben
I guess that we should check out the Pinninsula side next time. When do you want to go again? Thanks for diving with me and assisting with the 7mm :eek: See you next weekend

I am packing right now for my first trip to DS. I am going for my PADI AOW cert tomorrow.

I am pretty excited. I have never been to the site. But I am sure it will be a great time!.

:wink:

-Matt

i am looking to dive there this sunday, but i don't have a buddy. i am open water certified, my girlfriend is getting certified and they will not let me go with the class, if anyone wants to dive on sunday at least for a little while let me know

thanks
craig

The penninsula is a bit nicer than the student side. Easier access to fun stuff and the hill is a lot less painful. Although I haven't been out to the pump station and pipe area yet, I am told its very cool. Access to that side would be easier via the student area.

Have fun!

Michael

Tell me about it...the hill on the student side SUCKS!!! Hey wait a minute...isn't there some important rule about heavy exercise after diving?? Hmmm...

Hi

Possibly a stupid question from a tropical warm water diver: Do people dive the Dutch Springs in winter? I may be there this coming winter so I'm looking at trying to dive cold water. How's the viz like?

Also, could someone recommend a drysuit course/instructor in PA area? I will be staying in Philly for about two weeks with plenty of time to kill.

Thanks and sorry if this sounds stupid :eek:ut: and I don't mean to hijack the thread!

Cheers
neve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom