Kodak Zi8 support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rafitch

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I know you have a underwater housing that you just released for the the Kodak Zx1. I was wondering if there was a housing for the Zi8 in the near future. I would like to get he Zi8, plus a housing & your Pro-V8 for my wife as a Christmas gift.
If it's not in the plans - I'll probably settle on something else maybe the Zx1 or the new JVC digital recorder.

Thanks
bob

The Zi8 is a very nice camera. Unfortunately several factors (height of camera, placement of lens and rear joystick control) make it an unsatisfactory installation. We haven't written it off 100% yet, but I honestly do not expect us to offer a housing for it.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Thanks for the feedback!
bob

There is one for the flip ultra HD 120, but the Kodak zi8 seems like a better camera. To me it seems as though the only controls that would be NECESSARY is the record on/off button and maybe the power button. It would be nice to have a basic housing to protect it while diving and at the beach yet allow it to take video while diving or snorkeling.

Hope they come up with one, they seem to be a pretty popular camera.

i am basing my purchase on IkeLite's available housing for a camera like this .. Zi8 seems to have the best reviews on all the pocket video cams .. but without the UWH .. i had to make a hard decision to purchase the JVC instead .. oh well

Any idea on when the housing for the Zi8 will be available? It isn't listed on any seller's sites.

I have the zi8 housing. Here are my experiences. In the pool the housing button to begin recording did not fully depress the corresponding camera button. Ikelite sent a piece to replace the housing button. In the pool it worked fine. Last weekend at the quarry, I had to repeatedly depress the housing button, but the camera would not begin to record. I turned away for a few seconds. When I came back the camera was recording. This happened repeatedly. The same thing happened when trying to stop recording. I pressed the housing button but the camera kept recording. I'm quite disappointed. If anyone has conflicting experiences, please respond to this..thanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom