Dive shop responsiveness??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, hoping you can help. I'm from SoCal, but I'm going to be in the West Palm area Christmas week, and I have been trying to book some dives. I booked a Christmas day dive online with Underwater Explorers, and I have been trying to book a couple other days with either them or Narcosis. I have emailed and called UE numerous times, and I can't seem to get a return correspodence. I have emailed Narcosis a couple times with no response. I did get through on the phone yesterday to Narcosis, but the gentelman who answered was on the water with divers, so he asked me to email him. I did, and no response, although to be fair, it's only been a day. I really want to dive during my visit, but I am having trouble booking.

Does anyone have any detailed experience with these operators and know if they are better at running dive charters than they are at returning emails?

I am certainly open to other operators or even some shore diving, if anyone wants to show me around. Thanks for any help.

Mike

Hi all, hoping you can help. I'm from SoCal, but I'm going to be in the West Palm area Christmas week, and I have been trying to book some dives. I booked a Christmas day dive online with Underwater Explorers, and I have been trying to book a couple other days with either them or Narcosis. I have emailed and called UE numerous times, and I can't seem to get a return correspodence. I have emailed Narcosis a couple times with no response. I did get through on the phone yesterday to Narcosis, but the gentelman who answered was on the water with divers, so he asked me to email him. I did, and no response, although to be fair, it's only been a day. I really want to dive during my visit, but I am having trouble booking.

Does anyone have any detailed experience with these operators and know if they are better at running dive charters than they are at returning emails?

I am certainly open to other operators or even some shore diving, if anyone wants to show me around. Thanks for any help.

Mike

why not just stay with Underwater explorers? They are a great OP and I have prob dove with them 15 times and never had a "Ho Hum" trip.

Nothing bad on the UE and Narc, i think they are some of the best ops out there. The OP seems to be shopping around a bit though...

If you want to drive a little further south we return calls and answer emails.

Larry

If you want to dive with the DiveMaster of the year, UWExplorers is an excellent op. There are several operators in WPB other than Narcosis that are excellent. Little Deeper Charters, Walkers Dive Charter, and Jim Abernathy... All excellent. If you want to go 10 miles further north, there's Jupiter Dive Center. I've never had a bad trip with any of those charters.

Thanks for all the extremely quick replies. I am (was? still am?) happy to book the rest of my dives with UE, but if I can't get them on the phone or by email, then I may need to go elsewhere. Narc was recommended to me by some of the folks on this board, so that's why I tried them next. I really am ok with diving with any reputable shop. It's just that it's getting close to trip time, and I need to plan my non-diving activities as well, so time is getting tight for scheduling.

Thanks for all the extremely quick replies. I am (was? still am?) happy to book the rest of my dives with UE, but if I can't get them on the phone or by email, then I may need to go elsewhere. Narc was recommended to me by some of the folks on this board, so that's why I tried them next. I really am ok with diving with any reputable shop. It's just that it's getting close to trip time, and I need to plan my non-diving activities as well, so time is getting tight for scheduling.

Let me know the days you're diving with UWE and I can probably join you.
It's near the end of the year and I need to beef up the dive count :D

Sure, happy to have you along. I'll let you know what gets worked out. I already have one day reserved on the 25th. Looking to do at least one more daytime 2 tank trip and one evening/night trip. Just fyi, accompanying me will be my 14 year old JOW daughter with 16 dives. I noticed you have a ton of experience, don't want you to be bored hanging around with us since we need to stay shallow and easy for my daughter.

Mike

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom