Grants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nallop

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on where a small town fire department can get grant money to form a dive and rescue team? Our county is in need of one, but like most places, funds are limited. Any info would be appreciated.

should have access to that kind of information. At least enough to point you in the right direction. If that doesn't work then I would go to a larger fire dept and talk to the chief there. You could also try your state legislative representatives or even the the guys and gals that represent you in Wash,DC. This assumes you are in the US. If not just transfer to your countries political system.

I know that our local county's volunteer fire department has a dive team (Osceola County, Florida). I don't know how they established the dive team, but I'm sure you could contact the department and ask about it. Being a volunteer department, they don't have the same kind of budget that a big-city department has, so they might have some insight for you.

Hope this helps.
Julie

This is from Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance published by the US Government Printing Office, Washington DC. http://www.cfda.gov/

Training Assistance to State and Local Government

Office of Training Operations
Workforce Training Service
Office of Personnel Management
1400 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22209

To assist state and local governments...in training professional, administrative, and technical personnel to increase their capability for mission accomplishment.

Originally posted by Nallop
Does anyone have any information on where a small town fire department can get grant money to form a dive and rescue team? Our county is in need of one, but like most places, funds are limited. Any info would be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom