Accomplishments of 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is December, What did you accomplish in 2009? (diving). Time to brag about yourself. Goals for 2010? check back next year to see how you did.

For me:
over 50 hours underwater.
visited Bonaire, Mexico,BVI,Florida,Puerto Rico.
DM course.
bought 2 new regulators and 2 BCs
made a few hundred posts on SB.
about 10 wrecks.
improved Sac & buoyancy

2010:
deco course, instructor course.
more wrecks
more hours underwater than this year.
buy a boat.
learn to spearfish.

I finally made it to the caves ... got certified through the Apprentice level (NSS-CDS) in August.

I hope to complete Full Cave training in February 2010.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I got to Introductory Cave last Jan./ Feb., I was hoping to also add Full Cave, but that is not to be this year. It is, however, high on my priority list for 2010. Also high on the list will be my trip to the Galapagos in Aug./ Sept.

full cave & advanced nitrox in january, deco procedures in september, about 25 cave dives, learned a drysuit, learned stages.

plan for '10 - dive dive dive (maybe a trip wet in a single - woot!) and a new computer...thinking about a predator.

I got my first technical cert (UTD T1) in July, and have done a grand total of three staged decompression dives since then.

I finished Full Cave two weeks ago, and did a FANTASTIC week of diving off the mainline after that.

I fulfilled a four year dream and spent a week on the MV Tala in the Red Sea, something I've wanted to do since I first heard of the boat. And it equaled or exceeded my expectations.

I DIDN'T pass GUE Cave 2, which was a bit of a bummer . . .

Goals for 2010?

I want to take Fred Devos's cave survey class.

I'd like to get in at least 25 staged decompression dives, including some specific sites in BC.

I'd like to do at least three good trips up into Canada, and find out about the fabulous diving everybody reports when they go up there.

2 Mexico trips, probably 1 Florida trip, a June trip to CA for a three-day liveaboard, and lots and lots of local diving.

I survived!!!!!

(Oh, yeah, and in spite of myself, I may have actually learned a few more things in the over 200+ dives I did that may help keep me alive in 2010.)

did an Intro class in March, and then dived alot! got to dive many many cool systems!

Last edited:
Solo certified.

Goal for 2010 is to dive more then I did in 2009.

Learned the very basics of diving, after years of snorkelling on holiday. For 2010 I want to improve my air usage & have lots more FUN. One dive we chased a shark, it sounds good, but it was only an Angel Shark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom