STAR DANCER UPDATE....GREAT NEWS! HUUUUGE SAVINGS in 2010!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay all,

I know I've hit this issue a few times but you all should know the following...I've received word from a high ranking official at Peter Hughes Diving that has told me the Star Dancer's Walindi/Walindi 10 night charter rate will drop from $3895 to $2995 AND....the week I'm going (4/23 - 5/3, 2010) will be a bring a buddy week which means an additional 25% off per person (or 50% off for your buddy if you pay full price). These rates and changes will be published in the next few weeks so if you book now (before they're published) definitely inquire. As far as I know, only me and one other person are booked, so their is about 14 spots left.

Keep in mind, April is supposed to be high season as far as best dive conditions and weather conditions. This trip starts and ends at Walindi Resort (I'll be staying there one night before the trip). We will be diving Kimbe Bay (known for critters and soft corals), the Witu Islands (known for critters and some muck diving), and Father's Reef (known for it's pinnacles and some large animal action). I booked my airfare on travelocity.com and got some reasonable airfare (reasonable for PNG standards) on Qantas through Sydney and Cairns and on Air Niugini through Port Moresby and Hoskins.

I was exchanging emails with management to figure out what my options were if the Star Dancer were to cancel it's trip due to lack of bookings - and the above paragraph is basically what the response was. The CEO of this company takes customer service VERY seriously as demonstrated by his attentiveness. Keep in mind, I don't want this to seem like management is a push over in anyway, I would have understood if they simply said, "you'll have to wait and see.", but this was completely unexpected - if you book this week that's a $1600 savings! So take this advantage while it's here now, you never know when things will work out this well again.

OKAY, I'll ask once more.......WHO's WITH ME????????

It's OFFICIAL!!! The new rates have been published!

The link Shasta_man put up was for a dive club that cancelled their reservation - so right now only two people are booked. So they must have not been filling the boat throughout 2009 - that's what someone told me who did this trip a couple months ago said about when he talked to the captain. But now with these new rates I think they'll hopefully book a few more people. Check out the new rates:

Star Dancer - Papua New Guinea Charter Schedule & Rates - Peter Hughes Diving

It's OFFICIAL!!! The new rates have been published!

The link Shasta_man put up was for a dive club that cancelled their reservation - so right now only two people are booked. So they must have not been filling the boat throughout 2009 - that's what someone told me who did this trip a couple months ago said about when he talked to the captain. But now with these new rates I think they'll hopefully book a few more people. Check out the new rates:

Star Dancer - Papua New Guinea Charter Schedule & Rates - Peter Hughes Diving

.......well the silver lining here is that the new global economic reality check may result in the long overdue popping of the bloated, ever escalating pricing bubble on some of these exotic liveaboard trips.....over the recent years I've noticed some boats increasing prices by several hundred US $ per year...every year! ...at least now I don't have to compete as much with all those people sucking the equity out of their homes to bid up the prices of goods and services these last few years....with the easy money/easy credit era dead, people will actually have to pay for trips from their now lowered wages/salaries, which will inject a much needed sense of pricing reality into an industry whose prices have escalated way out of control!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom