Wednesday Night Beach Dive - Hollywood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetDawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The "Weekly Dive Site Selection Committee" has met and completed their solemn and ceremonial duties. The results have been tabulated and certified by our accounting firm of "Dewey, Cheatham and Howe" and it's official; this week we are hitting the Yellow Brick Road aka Johnson Street Ledges at 7PM on Wednesday Dec. 9th.

Directions to Site: From the North. I-95 south to Sheridan Street East to A1A. South to 1st left past Johnson St. to Michigan. Pull into parking lot, parking as far south and east as possible.

From the South: I-95 north to Hollywood Blvd. East to A1A. North to Michigan St.

Parking: Machine for parking takes dollar bills. They will ticket, so make sure you bring parking money. $1/hour.

Getting to the Reef: Head east past the lifeguard stand. Once past the buoy, keep slightly north, can drop down and continue east. The rock pile is just slightly north of the buoy, maybe 50 feet or so. There is plenty of fish on the rock pile and the cement mat. Lots of grunts, tangs, ocean surgeonfish, doctorfish, parrotfish, queen angels, banded coral shrimp, eels, nurse sharks, tarpon, glasseye snapper, bar jacks, porkfish.

Amenities: Lots of parking, showers on broadwalk. Public rest-rooms very close. Shops, restaurants, eateries for post dive drinks and strories.

As always, I have extra tanks/gear and lights, HOWEVER, please call ahead and reserve so I know how many to bring.

Details and sign up here:

See you on the bottom,

Wes
wesgruver@yahoo.com

Wish I could join ya'll.. but have my final art class the following night and still have not started one of my projects! LOl
Have fun.
What's the deal with the parking lot? I heard it is getting tore up.

Thought the Blue Man picture was funny. What is wrong with this setup???
His reg is over his left shoulder. :rofl3:

Wish I could join you...fishing club holiday party tomorrow night.

These are all over Miami ... does anyone at this cruise line actually dive?

n200573036834_148.jpg

Maybe it's a reversed or negative image? Everything, including the inflator appears to be on the wrong side. What's with the yellow hose... where is that going to or coming from?

The cruise line? Yes, probably. The ad agency? Probably not! :rofl3:

I'm in but I'll be tardy ... :(

I'll rush from my afternoon dive, but I'll need to refill a tank on the way ...

Awesome dive last night! Sharks, turtles, eels, the works! Only problem I had was munchkins singing in my ears the entire dive... Follow, Follow, Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Parking is not that bad... it's very volatile, wait 2 minutes and a space will open up. Better still, work together as a team and have your crew members hold spots for each other.:D

There was a free concert on the main stage right on the beach last night which was fun, but added a lot of people to the mix.

Always cracks me up when dozens of people walk by with strange looks on their faces as we are gearing up and ask the same questions:

"You're going in the ocean, right now... At night???"
--YES!
"Can you see anything down there?"
--YES! Did you see my bad-ass dive light? It costs more than your car.
"What about sharks? Aren't you afraid?"
--Most places charge extra for the "shark experience dive" - we can only hope to see them for free!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom