Incredible Jellyfish Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that is incredible, Cliff!

It's almost scary looking in an alien way. Thanks for posting the link to the pic and the video. The diver helps to give some perspective to the size of the jellyfish.

Wow!

Ever since his encounter (he lost!) with jellies on Bonaire I swear my son, Morgan can walk on water. Point out a jelly, and he can practically skip across the water surface in his fins! Wait til I show his this big boys!!!

They look like a cousin of our lion's mane jellies ...

CIMG8162.jpg

... I've seen these as big as 3 feet in diameter ... and they get much larger than that ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

They look like a cousin of our lion's mane jellies ...

CIMG8162.jpg

... I've seen these as big as 3 feet in diameter ... and they get much larger than that ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob - Where was the pic taken?

Great pictures and video. Thanks for posting the link.

But I thoroughly dislike the sensationalist BS crap writing that surrounded it.... and nets with sharp knives in it - yeah, that's just what we need, something to further kill and maim unwanted by-catch ... sheesh.

Henrik
(sorry for the rant - climbing off soap box now ...:))

"a company has invented a “slightly chewy” vanilla and jellyfish ice cream, created by soaking diced cubes of Echizen kurage in milk. Delish."

I'd try that ice cream :p

Bob - Where was the pic taken?

That one was taken in Port Hardy ... on the northern end of Vancouver Island (hence the clear water). The lion's mane is found pretty much anywhere on the west coast, though ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom