Opinions on the Hollis DC2 212 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinsfan0260

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Why can I not find a single review on the Hollis DC2 212 Regulator. There seems to be a great price these days on them everywhere. However, I cannot find any feedback on them anywhere. I know that they certainly are not common around my parts as I have never met a single person with anything made by Hollis. So what I am looking to find out is, If you own one what do you like or dislike about them and how difficult might they be for getting service done. I'm a little leery that this may be one of those; if it seems to good to be true things.

How great a price are we talking here? I doubt Hollis actually makes their own regs. More than likely it's a rebadged OEM product similar to the stuff from Salvo/HOG/Dive Rite. That doesn't mean it's bad in fact it could mean that parts and service are MORE available.

How great a price are we talking here? I doubt Hollis actually makes their own regs. More than likely it's a rebadged OEM product similar to the stuff from Salvo/HOG/Dive Rite. That doesn't mean it's bad in fact it could mean that parts and service are MORE available.

Many regulators are built overseas; most likely at the same factory and out of the same tool. This may include a few listed above. That doesnt necessarily mean poor quality, however it does mean that most look and perform identically. That said, Hollis regulators are machined and assembled in our facility here in San Leandro, Ca. Having full control over the materials and workplace helps ensure a quality product :D.

Hollis is made by Oceanic. I bought a DC2 212 Regulator last summer. So far I really like it. The LDS I purchased it from is an authorized Oceanic dealer so they can service it.

I was steered away from the swivel 2nd stage. Just another potential point of failure.

I have a 212/DC1 and have used it in warm and cold water. So far I think it works great. I have had no issues with the swivel 2nd stage and actually kind of like it because it gives a little more adjustment and give if I am looking around alot.

just my 2 cents...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom