Dive Resort Management course - Any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neve

Contributor
Reaction score
Originally from Bali, but now in Singapore
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

I'm seriously thinking of taking a Dive Resort Management course in Australia. Has anybody done this course before? Or perhaps have any opinion about the course? Your answer to the following questions or any opinion will be much appreciated.

1. Did you get a job right after you graduate?
2. Do people in the dive industry take this diploma/certificate seriously?
3. Do you think it would be easier for you to get a job in the dive industry if you had done the course earlier?
4. Do you think the course is worth the price tag?
5. Which TAFE institute did you attend, and what was your impression of the course? Location? Accessibility to dive spots?
6. If you're a dive resort owner, do you think someone with this certificate/diploma has a better chance of getting hired? I know there are other considerations such as skills, experience, personality, etc. But if all things are equal, would you base your decision on the diploma?

Many thanks beforehand and I sure hope someone will answer my questions and/or offer some advise as to whether or not I should do it or forget it!

Cheers
neve

PS. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to www.google.com and do a search on "Dive resort management TAFE Australia".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom