Need prescription mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a black silicone low volume that takes pop in lenses. What do you recommend?

Thanks

Ditto Valhalla's advice, only I use Atomic Sub-Frames.

I'm on my third Prescription Dive Masks mask now. Can't say enough good things about their work and their customer service. Wearing my mask is just like wearing my glasses, which are bi-focal, btw.

Technically, though, this doesn't really answer your question since PDM doesn't pop out the lenses. They bond the prescription lenses to the inside of the original mask lens.

This also doesn't really answer your question, but here is an option.....

OTS Guardian FFM with prescription lens kit.

GRD FFM Eyeglass Kit Cropped.jpg

This also doesn't really answer your question, but here is an option.....

OTS Guardian FFM with prescription lens kit.

View attachment 69228

Talk about HAZMAT!

My prescription was too high (-9) to handle your standard snap-in lenses. I, too, used Prescription Dive Masks. That is, until I got lasik surgery and now I'm back to your standard mask.

Unless you need a real simple prescription, find a mask you like and send it to PDM (link above). They are great to work with and can put lenses in darn near anything. I have 2 mask from them, one of which is a very low volume mask....don't really like it because it restricts my peripheral vision too much but the lens are great.

Seadive Seaventure is reasonably priced and has drop-ins. We have it and lenses
in stock. PM me if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom