Camping in Northern Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToySldr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is completely the opposite of Scuba diving, but is it possible to go camping in Italy in the winter? Are there any laws about just finding a piece of land in the mountains and camping? Most of the campsites I have found on the internet are closed for the winter. I am trying to go this weekend somewhere around Arco or Riva del Garda, maybe Asiago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, at least I got a response from somebody! I had one person tell me all the campsites are closed for the winter. Back in the US you could almost camp anywhere anytime of the year. I love the cold, and having a nice fire with hot chocolate, and a warm sleeping bag. The only thing I hate is having to pee in the middle of the night! Last year I went backpacking and had to crack the ice off my tent in the morning to pack it up. It was pretty fun, and peaceful. So, I'm still on the search for a place to go around Balsano. Or even regulations, can I just park and camp somewhere in the mountains?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom