Solomon Islands on Bilikiki - Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smith_ryan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Solomon Islands with Bilikiki Charters? I am going this April and wanted to see if anyone had any tips/recommendations?

How was the boat operations? The diving?

Thanks!

Ryan

Scubaboard member mjh did a Solomon Islands trip on that boat. HERE is the thread with his slideshow. It certainly seems as though he had a good time!

I had a great time too in 2006. The boat was very good, with excellent crew, food was very good and good diving. Historical area (WWII) though we didn't get to do any WWII era wrecks, due to depths, but did do some historical areas like White Beach which had lots of WWII era equipment including visible ammunition. Very valuable to me was the native experience with lots of visits with the local natives in dugouts.

Yes as noted we had an excellent time and there is trip report, gallery and slide show at our site Aquablue Dreams. Have no problem recommending this boat or destination. As noted the boat is not quite as "modern" as some of the boats out there today but very comfortable and well maintained.

for those who have been on this liveaboard, has anyone heard of the wreck of the uss john penn?
i have heard she may be in the area where this liveaboard takes her divers.
my grandfather was on the penn when she sank during ww2.
i've always wanted to dive her if it's possible.
they say she lays at 165ft.
thanks to those who might have recent info.
regards,

I didn't hear about it, though the operator likely knows many. We didn't do any deco diving on the Bilikiki and since it's beyond rec limits, I don't think they'd do it. I've heard of people doing special trips where it may happen. I'd wondered about all the wrecks around Savo Island, but they are supposed to be beyond rec limits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom