Is Epcot diving ok, day before flying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're going to Orlando/Disney this Fri., Dec. 18. I have signed up to dive at Epcot acquarium on Dec. 19.

We're flying back on Dec. 25, 11:15am, to Buffalo.

For the depth/time of Epcot diving, would it be fine to dive the day before flying, on Dec. 24, 5:30pm? It's actually 4:30pm tour time, but get in water at 5:30pm. The dive is supposed to be up to 40 minutes, but part of it is very shallow in the beginning, and slow moving following the guide. Then in the acquarium, mostly 0 to 30'.

Yes, no problem at all. BTW, I had some scouts do the dive, they thought it was a blast. Have fun.

I did it a couple weeks ago, it's fun. 25' maximum for 40 minutes, no safety stop required. You will be fine. It is fun too, playing with the kids in the restaurants and the turtles and sharks are cool too.

Thanks. I didn't book diving for Dec. 24, but just in case.

The weather forecast for Orlando is surprising. 16 C days and 3-4 C at night. That's not warm.

Yeah sure, you should be OK.
(I am not a doctor, and I refuse to watch one on TV)
I know of a few folks that have been in this similar situation and other than that one guy who's head exploded upon returning to Germany everything has been fine.
Enjoy!!

Chug

I did the Epcot Divequest diving on Dec. 19, the day after we got to Orlando. The greeter Dan was very good, gave good briefing of the facility, the marine life, the dive, and the map showing how Disney is planning to conquer the world - actually a map showing where their wildlife projects have been in the world. The dive was pretty good. Good viz, interesting fish, but of course the corals are all plastic. The best part was been filmed, with my family looking at the big glass pane on the other side. I bought the DVD at $35. I thought it was quite worth it.

Yeah sure, you should be OK.
(I am not a doctor, and I refuse to watch one on TV)
I know of a few folks that have been in this similar situation and other than that one guy who's head exploded upon returning to Germany everything has been fine.
Enjoy!!

Chug
the guy who's head exploded?!?

With a single dive of about 40 minutes with an average depth of about 20 feet, a 12 hour interval prior to diving should be just fine and consistent with DAN guidelines.

Playing with all the kids outside the tank is easily the best part of this dive.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom