Help, Please ID this for me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Pompano Beach today and I found this. I know I have seen pics of it here before but I have no idea what it is. Please help me ID this sea creature.

Attachments

• Pompano_0076.jpg
    Pompano_0076.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 160
Flamingo Tongue

flamingo tongue snail

it has a pure white shell under the spots which is the animal's mantle.

What they said.

I have to laught as I posted a similiar pic from bonaire and had no idea what is was, I was hoping I was the first to answer and then I would look oh so smart.

Wow, you guys are fast. Thanks a million. I knew I had seen it here before.

You're not the first girl that said that. :crafty:

Wait! That didn't come out right! :shocked2:

I don't know what it is but looks like a shot of penicillin might help out. I'd see a doctor of I were you.

I don't know what it is but looks like a shot of penicillin might help out. I'd see a doctor of I were you.

It does look a little weird. Complete crap shoot that I found it. I found a clump of them later in the dive and got zero decents shots. The picture this came from was a random reef shot. It was so so but 2 grunts got in the way. I was one click away from deleting it when I noticed the spot. Thank goodness for photoshop and its zooming capabilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom