AL Slingshot Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rrweather

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am thinking about picking up a set of these to go in my travel bag. I know they aren't the lightest fins on the market. I was wondering if someone that owns them or has access to them and a scale could post the weight of one (or both). With the cost of checking luggage these days, I need to make sure they won't put me over and cost me more when I fly commercial. I would need a size XL so that would be the ideal weight. A smaller size will still get me in the ballpark. Thanks.

Thank you! That helps.

size extra large 7.25 lbs per pair, according to my scale.

Thank you. Could you tell me how long the XL is? I wonder if it will fit into my bag. Now I need to find a used pair for sale! Thanks.

Slingshot size

Total length of the fins (cm)

Small 61
Regular 66
Large 70

I also have the sling shots in size XL and let me tell you, they are pretty long and hard to pack in a suit case. The only way i can make them fit is if i fold the edges a bit around the sides of the suit case. Do you guys know if this is a horrible idea. They will be folded like that for maybe 10 hours. Will the shape stay folded or after a couple of dives they will just unfold?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom