ScubaPro Jet Fin foot pocket stretch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Does the foot pocket of the SP Jet Fin (paddle not split) stretch or break in at all like some have reported for the OMS Slipstreams? The problem seems to be typical of XL SP Jets with drysuit rock boots (Pinnacle size 11), the XLs are very tight but useable, while the XXL SP Jets are way too big. I have tried several other makes but cannot find a good fit and I like the way the SP Jets perform.

Have any users of SP Jets found that the foot pocket stretches or molds to a boot/foot with use?

Thanks

Have any users of SP Jets found that the foot pocket stretches or molds to a boot/foot with use?

Thanks

Can't imagine they would stretch.

Hi All,

Does the foot pocket of the SP Jet Fin (paddle not split) stretch or break in at all like some have reported for the OMS Slipstreams? The problem seems to be typical of XL SP Jets with drysuit rock boots (Pinnacle size 11), the XLs are very tight but useable, while the XXL SP Jets are way too big. I have tried several other makes but cannot find a good fit and I like the way the SP Jets perform.

Thanks

No.

N

My Jets have not stretched at all which is a good thing.

Might want to check out the Hollis F1 fins. Turtle fins are also common for the in between crowd.

I found the XLs to pinch my high foot with a normal booty, but the XXLs and my OTB boots are perfect. As for for them stretching: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: Uh, no. I don't think they are capable of that. :D

No. Not a bit.

vicp,

What size street shoe do you wear ?

You might want to try a pair of Chuck Taylor's with your Jets. I've heard people will grind rubber off of the toes of the CT's and pull the insole out of them for a better fit. For the price of the shoes it might be worth a try.

I wear a size 9 tennis shoe and use size 11 CT's. I had access to both XL Jets and Slips. The Slips' foot pockets were just a touch bigger.

boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom