OMS Slipstream Size Large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a pair of XL Slipstreams and would like to buy a pair of large Slipstreams for my wife, but would like to verify in advance:

1. if this size would work for her. She wears a shoe size 6 and will use these with wetsuit boots; and

2. if the fins are the same length as the XL. Of note is that SP Jetfins vary greatly in their size and therefore propulsion abilities depending on the size.

Thanks

I have a pair of XL Slipstreams and would like to buy a pair of large Slipstreams for my wife, but would like to verify in advance:

1. if this size would work for her. She wears a shoe size 6 and will use these with wetsuit boots; and

2. if the fins are the same length as the XL. Of note is that SP Jetfins vary greatly in their size and therefore propulsion abilities depending on the size.

Thanks

I had a tough time sizing fins for my wife and my daughter. Both dive wet and dry, but normally dry.

Both have a ~7 foot.

The BEST size for a fin for them was the OMS Large, just like what you're looking for.

The blade is slightly smaller than an XL, but it's negligible.

My daughter is full cave/an/deco, and loves the slipstreams. I personally dive a set too.

If you are going to use those with size 6 wetsuit boots they are going to be on the large size in the width, I wear size 7 and have thick soles with them and they are a little big. They make Jetfins in size M though...

Thanks

My wife is using XL Jetfins with her drysuit.
My concern about going to the M with the OMS Slipsteam is they may become much smaller. I have not seen these fins so I appreciate the comment from brockbr about the size of the L Slipstream.

Has anyone seen the M Slipstream?

Thanks

My wife is using XL Jetfins with her drysuit.
My concern about going to the M with the OMS Slipsteam is they may become much smaller. I have not seen these fins so I appreciate the comment from brockbr about the size of the L Slipstream.

Has anyone seen the M Slipstream?

Timely thread as I'm looking into Slipstreams as well (to replace my dreaded Jets).

I don't believe they make the Slipstream in Medium.

I've called OMS as well as a dealer in Florida who told me the Large Slipstream is comparable or slightly larger than a Large Jet. Apparently, the footpocket is cut quite different from the larger Slipstreams and Jets in general... much more comfortable. I haven't found any pics of the Large Slipstream online nor seen one in person so I'm quite anxious to learn more.

Thanks annasea.

I was confused about the sizes. You are correct they do not come in a medium. I will order a large when they become available from LP.

Cheers

Jim

OMS did not even have them @ DEMA. I was told the Lg would be available last March.

If it helps my wife wears a size 8 shoe and XL Slipstreams. I am a size 9 and also wear the XL.

I'm 7 1/2 mens and with SP molded sole boots there is too much room in the toe area of thr Slipstreams. No problem with frog kick, but flutter it's like a hinge on my foot with the XL's. SP XL jets fit just fine with same boot.

OMS did not even have them @ DEMA. I was told the Lg would be available last March.

The Lg have been available off and on at Leisurepro since September. I like mine a lot, and given that the supply has been so erratic, I have a second pair set aside in case I need them in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom