What do you do with your PADI Patches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdr231

Reaction score
OK- so my son & I got our PADI patches (OA & AOW). What do you folks do with them? They look like they're iron-on but I'm not sure. If they are, what do folks iron them on to?

Just curious.

thanks!
Michael
:stupid:

I think some divers use them to amuse other experienced divers. I know I'm always amused when I see someone in a warm up jacket plastered with the patches... especially when they don't seem to be able to connect their reg to the tank properly.

Just teasing (a bit)... most of the ones I see are on jackets or warm up clothing, I assume sewn-on. I have never received any so I assume one must purchase them.

Dr. Bill

...all my alarms and warning bells go off when I see a jacket covered with patches...

Roak

I dont display patches of any type nor do I log dives in a book anymore. I am comfortable just stepping through the gate and enjoying what the ocean has to offer.
Bill

mdr231 once bubbled...
What do you folks do with them? They look like they're iron-on but I'm not sure.

Just curious.

thanks!
Michael
:stupid:

They make great bore patches for gun cleaning.

I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean so I'm getting myself a bottle of rum and wearing them as eye patches..

arrrr matey

ok... so it seems that the "Lloyd Bridges Was a Wimp Club" has weighed in... any other suggestions?

cheers,
m.

I've put mine in a drawer, along with the stickers. The only stickers on my gear are annual viz and DAN. I have seen some divers sew the patches onto the cloth bound PADI divers log book. I though that was a pretty good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom