New years eve full moon beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
K8 and I are coming down the 29th to dive Boynton Beach with UE. We are staying in Lantana and would like to do a night dive for new years eve. Where is a good beach to dive from in the area?

Or possibly

Does anyone know if any boats are going out for a new years eve dive?

K8 and I are coming down the 29th to dive Boynton Beach with UE. We are staying in Lantana and would like to do a night dive for new years eve. Where is a good beach to dive from in the area?

Or possibly

Captain Slates Atlantis Dive Center is trying to get one out of Key Largo. Please join as I would love to go! And so far not enough people want to go.

You'll have to drive down to Broward for good beach diving. You could enter the water at 11:30 p.m. and do a two-year dive!

I have other plans for that evening, can't join you...have fun!

I have other plans for that evening, can't join you...have fun!

That is aweful vague... you know we will find out your business anyway there is no hiding from the Gossiping ScubaBoard crew.....:eyebrow:

Oh Eric, I'm doing something so totally boring, going kayak camping with a bunch of people, and howling at the full moon...it's a blue moon. Nothing you'd be interested in, I'm sure. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Or possibly

Most likely the best choice is diving the Shallow Breakers Reef. You need to park at the north end of the public beach parking, and walk down the beach to the begining of the Breakers building..the old pier which is now a coral reef, is lined up with the south corner of the Breakers building foundation, and begins about 75 feet from shore, going out about 150 yards.
More difficult to find would be the patch reef which is about 75 yards further out, and which runs paralell to the shore, but is not continuous..meaning if you miss a patch area as you swim out, you may go many hundreds of yards to far over sand, before you realize you are hosed :)
Ideally you find a local who knows where this is.

Better still is the south Jetty of the Lake Worth inlet..really a very cool dive, but one where without local knowledge of how to get into the beach path through the homes at the north end of the island, you would be unlikely to find your way to the beach and jetty.

Regards,
Dan

Captain Slates Atlantis Dive Center is trying to get one out of Key Largo. Please join as I would love to go! And so far not enough people want to go.

Thanks istok, I won't drive back that far, that late at night. I hope you get enough peeps to go.

DebbieDiver thanks for the headsup. I will check into it.

Danvolker it sounds like some doable dives, kate is leary about beach diving, she's never done one. These sound easy enough given decent sea conditions. These are in the BB area?

We are staying in Lantana. I will do a search on the florida section and be checking the maps for beach sites inbetween.

Originally Posted by iztok

Captain Slate is starting a list for the evening boat dive on New Year Eve We dived there on 12/27 and heard them starting the list
ask for becky

Lantanna is north of boynton beach by about 8 miles....the Breakers Resort on the island of Palm Beacb is about 10 more miles north on A1A.

Another extremely close option for you in Lantanna, is the Lake Worth pier, as there are tons of fish all over the structure of the fishing pier. It was closed to fishing for a long construction repair--a couple years, and many divers enjoyed the area out near the end of it. I do not know if you can get out there now, by beginning to swim out on an unguraded section of the beach, and then crossing over to next to the pier. The fisherman won't like this much, but who cares :)
Dan

Originally Posted by iztok

Captain Slate is starting a list for the evening boat dive on New Year Eve We dived there on 12/27 and heard them starting the list
ask for becky
Just curious, as I can't come down to Key Largo on Dec. 31...will the boat stay out for the fireworks after the dive and return after they are over?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom